The Federation Internationale des Langues et Litteratures Modernes (FILLM), a UNESCO affiliate in charge of promoting languages, literatures, and cultures organizes an International Congress every three years. The next FILLM Congress, the 28th in the series, will be held at the University of Vienna, Austria from 26 July to 29 July, 2020 under the theme of Linguistic, Literary, and Cultural Diversity in a Global Perspective.
Keynote and plenary addresses, panels, and individual papers will address the main theme of Linguistic, Literary and Cultural Diversity. However, papers and panels are also invited on the following five sub-themes:
1. Multilingualism and linguistic plurality in local and global perspectives
2. New genres of literature in the era of social media and new communication technologies
3. Cultural diversity in film
4. Linguistic and literary studies in diaspora and migrant communities
5. German language and literature in global perspectives
How to make an Individual Proposal:
In order to propose an individual paper for the Congress, please submit a 300-word abstract here: https://fillm2020.univie.ac.at/call-for-papers/online-submission/
To allow speakers sufficient time to acquire the necessary funding, the congress organizers will assess the abstracts as they come in.
The final deadline for submitting abstracts is 31 December, 2019.
The topic of a proposed panel should fall within the broad theme of diversity and consist of four to five speakers. Each panel proposal should appoint one main organizer who is responsible for compiling the proposal and communication with the congress organizers. Apart from that, it is up to the panel organizer(s) to decide on the format (roundtable, normal individual paper presentation, etc.). Panel proposals should be submitted as an email attachment to fillm2020univie.ac.at by 31 December 2019.
Your panel proposal should include the following:
- title for the panel
- 300-word abstract describing the topic
- brief description of the format (e.g. roundtable)
- title and brief descriptions of each panel participants' contribution (150 words)
- contact and affiliation details for the main panel organizer
- contact and affiliation details for each of the panel participants
For further information, please visit https://fillm2020.univie.ac.at/call-for-papers/